Senior Developer - Italy
To proactively grow Renewco’s project development business in Italy focusing on the company’s utility scale project pipeline. This position is created in a response to the increased opportunities for large scale PV and BESS deployment through Italy. Renewco is perfectly placed to exploit the exciting new opportunities in this market, and this role will present the successful candidate with a unique chance to shape and grow that business together with the team in Italy which consists of two Land Managers, the Development Director and a development Engineer.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record in the international solar, storage and possibly green H2 knowledge sectors. The candidate will have more than 5 years' experience in project development and acquisition. This position is preferably based in Rome but we are flexible. This role requires regular travel within the country.
You will be directly responsible for developing the company’s pipeline in Italy, directly impacting the company’s commercial growth and will have a significant impact on the volume of renewable (solar & Storage) energy generated in this market.
You will have a successful track record in project development offering great interpersonal skills and commercial acumen. Experience throughout the PV project development process from greenfield to RtB. The role will involve:
- Greenfield development: establishing Renewco’s development projects in Italy. Having a strong drive to initiate and materialise attractive business opportunities
- Budgetary Responsibility: responsible to main the project development under budget
- Responsible for receiving projects invoices and making sure the project costs are controlled
- Technical Responsibility: qualifying opportunities from technical perspective and finding solutions that utilise existing and local supply chains
- Commercial Responsibility: delivering, growing and maintaining the Renewco pipeline
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Create, manage and materialise project development opportunities, including land origination
- Negotiating land leases with land owners
- Manage the permitting process with central or regional governments and municipalities
- Manage the connection processes
- Managing local development partners, internal resources and 3rd parties
- Identifying, negotiating and managing co-development agreements together with the Director of Development Italy
- Have an in-depth knowledge of local market legislation, regulations, support schemes etc
- Managing costs and cashflow within the development budget
- Managing the internal approval and reporting processes
- Presenting at Investment Committee
- Weekly meetings with Director of Development Italy
- Extensive national travel
Qualifications and experience:
Whilst there are no mandatory qualifications required for the role, the successful candidate will be strong on project development experience and on the sales process for renewable energy projects in the Italy region. A good understanding of all parts of the development cycle of a renewable energy project is preferred.
Experience in project management and development, track record when it comes to delivery and contractual negotiation and closing are vital for this role.
The successful candidate will have worked as either a Wind or Solar developer and have delivered a number of successful projects in Italy and possibly other countries, but Italian market experience is essential. Applicants must have 5 years or more experience in renewable energy development with experience in early stage development.
Must be fluent in Italian and English
Get in touch
We are interested in engaging with wind and solar asset owners, land-owners, developers and funders.