Land Manager Italy
We are looking for someone who is interested in the renewable energy industry and has a solid background and personal network in rural farming.
Renewco Power is a renewable energy early stage development company with operations in the UK, Europe and U.S. We are dedicated to developing high quality greenfield solar and wind projects and we have big ambitions in supporting the clean energy transition.
Given our expanding business in Italy, we are looking for a Land Acquisition Manager who will support us with originating and acquiring land for potential solar and storage projects around Lazio and surrounding regions such as Abruzzo, Campania, Marche, Umbria, Molise, Tuscany. The role will be predominantly field based, building trusting and lasting relationships with landowners as well as:
· Representing Renewco in originating, negotiating viable and cost-effective land deals that allow renewable energy projects to progress from initial site search through to agreed HoT in a timely manner
· Looking at land constraints and advising accordingly
· Negotiating and drafting competitive land agreements
· Taking a role in delivering land rights and any associated matters
· Representing Renewco, establishing and maintaining good relationships with landowners, tenant farmers, land managers or others who own and manage land to ensure they are well informed of developments and progress
· Attending any necessary consultations and meetings with stakeholder groups
· Advising Renewco how best to manage our land assets, ideally including environmental responsibilities and obligations
· Staying well informed on all issues affecting the countryside and keeping up to date with new regulations that are likely to affect land use
Skills and Experience Required:
· Excellent network of local rural landowners
· Previous experience with a renewable energy developer in similar role
· A good client-facing presence and be able to communicate technical information clearly and simply
· A good understanding of the farming and forestry sectors, environmental sustainability and sound land management practices
· Previous land surveying experience is an advantage
· Chartered surveyor status, in a general practice or rural estate would be an advantage
Get in touch
We are interested in engaging with wind and solar asset owners, land-owners, developers and funders.