Storage Market Data Analyst
The main objective of this role is to support country specific storage development strategy and investment process from power market analytics, storage revenue stream forecasting and regulatory perspectives.
The successful candidate will assist the Storage Business Development Director in storage commercial RtM analysis and building of revenue models in each of the target geographies based on fundamental bottom-up(i.e. renewables penetration, power market trends, need of ancillary services, others) and top-down (i.e. regulatory, country targets) storage market analysis .
This is a great career opportunity for someone who is currently working at a reputable UK grid tech software company with first-hand experience in storage assets and would like to move to a fast growing renewable energy developer and investor.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Fundamental power market and regulatory analysis for storage business opportunity in of each the target markets in Europe and the US;
- Analysis of energy market data from various territories to produce historical trends and forecasts;
- Analysis of third party information to develop forecasts, investment cases and summaries for wider business;
- Manage relationships with third party analysts and recommend suppliers for specialist items of work;
- Understanding and analysis of TSO grid network and interlink between the grid connection process and storage revenue models;
- Developing, supporting and managing storage financial models for individual development projects (excel financial model experience is preferable but not a must) ;
- Understanding the differences (relating principally to revenue and costs) between the versions of the standard model in use for Renewco’s various geographical markets – making appropriate modelling changes
- Competence at supporting the development side of the team in modelling different project development scenarios (e.g. relating to PPAs, storage etc)
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience at a power grid data infrastructure, storage RtM provider or aggregator company with a focus on storage revenue optimisation, forecasting or trading data analysis
- Masters’ degree or equivalent, preferably in economics, business or engineering
- Training in modelling and data analysis
- High IT proficiency in MS Excel, macros and/or programming
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong initiative and creative thinking
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form
- Passion for renewable energy and data
- Willingness to travel occasionally to attend conferences and meet key stakeholders in target markets.
Get in touch
We are interested in engaging with wind and solar asset owners, land-owners, developers and funders.