Senior development engineer Solar PV - Italy
This role is for an experienced technical person who has spent time in development and understands the whole cycle of a project. The senior development engineer supports the Italian development team and is key to our ability to move through the project stages effectively.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Conduct preliminary feasibility and constraints analysis
- Support development and early-stage projects with conceptual designs
- Perform technical feasibility assessment of solar PV plants and electrical interconnection infrastructures (HVOL and substations).
- Design all aspects of solar PV projects regarding:
- Resource Assessment.
- Layout tradeoffs.
- Agrivoltaic plants in accordance with MITE guidelines.
- Civil works.
- Electrical infrastructures: internal electrical lines, MV/HV OL and UL and MV/HV Substations.
- Plot List (Piano particellare) and expropriation.
- Produce all technical documentation, except environmental impact assessment, to be submitted for solar PV Plant Sole Authorization, Grid Connection, Construction and entering into service.
- Liaise with internal experts and external consultants supporting the project design and technical due diligence.
- Produce technical drawings with the details of the land affected for surface right or acquisition contracts.
- Carry out Due Diligence for PV projects, focusing on energy assessment, design, feasibility, and engineering issues.
- Analyse sites focusing on engineering issues, including visits to the sites, to design and build a PV plant.
Qualifications and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of local planning and permitting considerations of solar projects, including familiarity with regulations
- Preferably MSc in Electrical Engineering degree.
- Experience in preparation of and follow up on Sole Authorization processes of PV plants in accordance with Regional and/or National regulations and execute projects and PV plants.
- Experience in preparation of and follow up on technical documentation for grid access and connection requests.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and QGIS.
- 5 years experience in solar PV projects development and planning
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel in Italy and oversees when required
Languages: Italian and English
Get in touch
We are interested in engaging with wind and solar asset owners, land-owners, developers and funders.